SUPER SESAME DRESSING
Super Sesame Dressing Nut-free
This dressing has a delicious, nutty flavor without containing any nuts.
Rarely do I ever buy salad dressing because it is ridiculously easy to make. By making my own, I create exceptionally fresh flavors for our salads. And I never have to eat ingredients I don’t like, such as canola oil. Salad dressing companies love their canola oil! Just take a look at the labels next time you are at the grocery store.
Besides being crazy about the flavor of this dressing, I am also crazy about the health benefits found in sesame seeds. Sesame seeds have both medicinal and nutritional value because they are rich in protein, fat, carbohydrates, fiber and essential minerals. When you add these great little seeds to your diet you are eating things like zinc, phosphorus and calcium, which boosts your bone health. There are also high levels of copper in sesame seeds, which reduces inflammations in the body. With a list of benefits that continues, it is a blessing these seeds have been around to help us for over 3,500 years. Did that number just blow your mind like it did mine? If this is interesting to you, read more about sesame seeds here.
SUPER SESAME DRESSING
You will need these ingredients:
- 6 Tablespoons organic tahini
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- A pinch of sea salt
- 5 Tablespoons filtered water
- 2 Tablespoons white sesame seeds
- Combine all ingredients together except for the water and sesame seeds.
- Once ingredients are smooth and creamy, gradually begin adding the water one spoon at a time. You may want to add more or less water depending on how thick you like your dressing.
- Stir in the sesame seeds and add to your favorite salad.
Step by Step
- Place all of the ingredients, except the water and seeds, into a blender or mug.
- I prefer to make this in a magic bullet blender because it is a smaller blender that is able to keep the ingredients together. A larger blender would splatter everything on the sides of the blender. If you want to make this by hand, I use a mug and a fork.
- If you have a magic blender, blend all of the ingredients minus the sesame seeds for a minute until you see a beautiful, creamy dressing. Then stir in the sesame seeds so that they remain whole. If you have a mug and a fork, stir together all ingredients except the water and sesame seeds. Gradually add the water. It will get creamier and creamier with every stir. Lastly, stir in sesame seeds.